Racing Season

Chicagoland Racing Series is the Best

Moderators: Moderator Team, Racing Volunteers

Racing Season

Postby BUICK71 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Is there going to be any racing this year?
1971 buick convert
11.82 at 113mph
BUICK71
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Re: racing season

Postby Turbo-Fun » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 am

Yes Steve. I actually wrote a large post here to answer your question but when I went to post it, it went to somewhere in computer cyberspace. At precisely the same time I went to post it Loyd took the site down for re-programming. So I am now writing my first article for the next newsletter instead and will post that article here when it's done.

Since you're asking are you planning on racing this year? Or I should say "half" racing this year.....LOL
Joe G, Race Coordinator
74 Apollo GSX 455 (It's like a Nova)
87 Grand National - Living in North Carolina
70 GS 455 (First Car) black with a BBC in it...
90 Cougar XR7-Supercharged - given to charity
14 Dodge Ram 2500 "Turbo" Diesel
Turbo-Fun
Post Expert

Postby BUICK71 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm

I am planning on doing something depends on where,when,number of races.thats the reason for asking
1971 buick convert
11.82 at 113mph
BUICK71
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Turbo-Fun » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 pm

BUICK71 wrote:I am planning on doing something depends on where,when,number of races.thats the reason for asking

Here are the tentative dates. They have just been approved by our club and now I am getting final approval from the tracks. I'm confident Byron dates are fine. However, GLD pulled the tentative schedule I was using to schedule our races, and are finalizing their schedule this week. There shouldn't be a problem with our GLD dates but you never know....So until I do an official post, dates are subject to change. This year I did not schedule on any major event dates like the brawl or Byrons spring nationals. I enjoyed going on dates with fast car events but it seems most racers would like to get to the track, race, and leave. Which is understandable since races are on Sundays and most of us work the next day. I also thought about scheduling on a few Saturdays (day races) but there have been a few racers in the past that work on Saturday and I try to schedule so as not to exclude anyone. But since we have woken this site up, how about posting any suggestions or changes you would like to see for the 2012 race season. I / We are Always open to making this a better series.....

Byron - April 29th
GLD - June 3rd
Byron - July 1st
GLD - August 12th
Byron - September 9th
GLD - September 30th (Rain date and/or final race)
Joe G, Race Coordinator
Turbo-Fun
Post Expert

Postby XXQUICK6XX » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:42 pm

What happened with RT 66 ?
2 1987 GN's with t=tops
XXQUICK6XX
Post Expert

Postby Turbo-Fun » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 am

XXQUICK6XX wrote:What happened with RT 66 ?

Glad You asked.....I had a tentative OK to schedule two races on any of the Route 66 T&T dates except June 2nd. In April and May their T&T is on Saturdays.
However, June through September ALL the T&T dates are on Friday night. Since Most people work on Fridays, I thought It would be difficult for many of us to get to the track by 4:00 given the distance some guys have to drive. It just seemed too hectic time wise for those who work, and then go home and load the car, then drive to the track in rush hour AND get there by 4:00. It just didn't seem to be condusive to a fun, stress free day of racing. As you know I try to schedule so as not to exclude anybody who wants to race in our race series.

I thought about asking Route 66 if I could schedule in with their bracket series but they run 400 plus cars during this event and it would make for a Very Long day. As much as I would really like to race there, it's right in my backyard, I decided to just pass on Route 66 this year.

Hey Steve, if you want to try a couple of their bracket series races I would be willing to go. Just plan for all day and don't be in a hurry to leave...
Joe G, Race Coordinator
Turbo-Fun
Post Expert

Return to Chicagoland Drag Racing