CCGSCA Race #5, Byron Dragway, Byron Illinois

Chicagoland Racing Series is the Best

Moderators: Moderator Team, Racing Volunteers

CCGSCA Race #5, Byron Dragway, Byron Illinois

Postby Turbo-Fun » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:11 am

September 25th CCGSCA Race #5 Byron Dragway, Byron Illinois

Sad to think that this would have been our last race of the year if we had not re-schedule the Route 66 rainout on October 16th.

If you check out the standings the top 8 places are only separated by 29 points (I think). Bob Hoffman is out with broken teeth (No! his rear end not his mouth). It's very possible the standings can be shaken up again after Race 5. Let me explain.....In first place is that pesky turbo car, can someone please bring a fly swatter and take him out?? and 2nd place is held by a racer who has a 4 leaf clover and horseshoe collection under his seat who keeps winning races with .999 reaction times. Third place is that annoying kid who keeps schooling us seasoned veteran racers. 4th place, well he shouldn't be a problem since there isn't a red light he doesn't like. Oh Yea in 6th place is that "I can't hook" whiny female dog who will probably finish out the year just spinning his wheels. 7th place may have to bring in the crops and may not even show up. 8th place can only win races if "He's Lucky". So that rounds out our top 8 points leaders, so as you can see it's ANYBODY's Race to win.

So everything is samo-samo for time, pit area, and double cheeseburgers for lunch. BYOB for lunch and first round losers. It's actually going to be a REALLY nice day for racing weather and we'll be at our favorite track. We will be racing with the Chicagoland Mustang Club, so in other words the Ford amateur club.... :D

See You All At The Races...
Joe G, Race Coordinator
74 Apollo GSX 455 (It's like a Nova)
87 Grand National - Living in North Carolina
70 GS 455 (First Car) black with a BBC in it...
90 Cougar XR7-Supercharged - given to charity
14 Dodge Ram 2500 "Turbo" Diesel
Turbo-Fun
Post Expert

Return to Chicagoland Drag Racing