July 30, 2011 Jimmy's Transmission Car Show

Events that may be of interest

Moderator: Moderator Team

July 30, 2011 Jimmy's Transmission Car Show

Postby Turbo Loyd » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:05 pm

For you folks not going to the BPG Horsepower Nationals here is a great local Car Show on July 30th

Jimmy’s Transmissions
888 B. Tower Road
Mundelein, IL 60060
847-949-7507

[url=http://chicagolandbuick.org/directions/directions.html#Jimmy}Jimmy's Directions[/url]

It looks like the early 2011 Midwest Meet will be held with Jimmy's show

Prasad wrote:Alright guys here is the deal, I was talking to Jimmy from Jimmy’s transmission. I was telling him to keep July 30th open so that he can join us. He said I can’t, that is the day we’re having our annual car show! This is the car show that we ( Buick guys) have been taking part for the past few years.
Jimmy asked if we can join them. He said that they will provide a lot that can hold about 80 cars just for the Buicks plus another lot if we fill the initial one up.
He also said there will be trophies handed out, he said the Buick guys can judge the Corvettes and the Corvette guys can judge the Buicks. There will be goodie bags for everyone and raffle tickets sold for even more prices to be given out. The will be a food vender along with other parts vendors too. All we have to do is behave! There will be neither permits nor fees. You can buy your own food from the vendor there.

I think this is a win win situation! This will be a Buick get together combined with other cars including Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s , Vetts and so on yet we can have our Buicks in one lot and walk around and see other nice cars as well. I was very impressed with last years turn out and I think If we get enough Buicks there we can take over the show.

What do you guys think? We can have another Buick get together at another date as well!

Prasad:D
Loyd Bonecutter
1986 GN
1986 Limited turbo clone
1970 GS 455 Diplomat Blue with Black Vinyl Top

Turbo Loyd
Post Expert

Re: July 30, 2011 Jimmy's Transmission Car Show

Postby Turbo Loyd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:27 am

So who all went . . it would be nice to see pictures
Loyd Bonecutter
1986 GN
1986 Limited turbo clone
1970 GS 455 Diplomat Blue with Black Vinyl Top

Turbo Loyd
Post Expert

Postby turbocliff » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Hey Loyd,

I stopped out there for a while, there were prolly 30 buicks I am guessing. Pics are posted over on the turbobuick.com board. Also, some hoodlums were destroying the road in front of the car show by doing 300 foot burnouts and such... the nerve of some people. :mrgreen:
83 White T - S2 + 88mm turbo + 275 Hoosier Radials
87 GN - Stock block street car + Proefi / Flex Fuel + Billet 67 + 255 MT Radials
turbocliff
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Turbo-Fun » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 pm

turbocliff wrote:Also, some hoodlums were destroying the road in front of the car show by doing 300 foot burnouts and such... the nerve of some people. :mrgreen:

Probably those Corvette Guys..... :roll: Sounds like there was a nice Buick turnout. :D
Joe G, Race Coordinator
74 Apollo GSX 455 (It's like a Nova)
87 Grand National - Living in North Carolina
70 GS 455 (First Car) black with a BBC in it...
90 Cougar XR7-Supercharged - given to charity
14 Dodge Ram 2500 "Turbo" Diesel
Turbo-Fun
Post Expert

Postby DIAZ 87 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 pm

turbocliff wrote:Hey Loyd,

I stopped out there for a while, there were prolly 30 buicks I am guessing. Pics are posted over on the turbobuick.com board. Also, some hoodlums were destroying the road in front of the car show by doing 300 foot burnouts and such... the nerve of some people. :mrgreen:

here are 2 of the hoodlums in question :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: and the mess that the made :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmuF4BCmmQQ
Attachments
jimmy 009.JPG
jimmy 009.JPG (981.85 KiB) Viewed 6110 times
DLS roller cam kit,2 1/2 hookers exhaust,test pipe,alky,t49 turbo @ 23psi,42LB,billet adj fuel regulator,adj waste gate, tt chip,160 thermostat,hot wire with pump,Scanmaster,LT1 MAF,Translator,Jimmy's rebuild trans,walbro fp,PTE IC
DIAZ 87
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Location: North and Northwest of CHICAGO & North and Northwest suburbs

Return to Local - Regional - National Things To Do