Here is where we swap yarns

Moderators: Moderator Team, Cruise and Show Volunteers

JUNE 6,7,8 - GN/TTYPE CENTRAL GATHERING

Postby Turbo Loyd » Mon May 19, 2014 9:20 am

GN/TTYPE CENTRAL GATHERING JUNE 6,7,8
Holiday Inn Itasca in Itasca, Illinois

Friday June 6th - Meet and Greet
Saturday June 7th - Main event see flier
Sunday June 8th - many will be joining the Chicagoland Chapter GSCA at Byron Dragway

Event flier
Last edited by Turbo-Fun on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loyd Bonecutter
1986 GN
1986 Limited turbo clone
1970 GS 455 Diplomat Blue with Black Vinyl Top

Turbo Loyd
Post Expert

Re: JUNE 6,7,8 - GN/TTYPE CENTRAL GATHERING

Postby Turbo-Fun » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Loyd, I sent this to Benny on May 4th so he could post it on the GN/Ttype Facebook page but I haven't seen it yet. I know he is busy with planning etc. but he needs to get this posted.

Drag Racing Options for the GN/T-Type Get Together

On Sunday June 8th there will be two opportunities to go to the drag strip and run down the 1320 with your turbo car. Early in the day the Chicagoland Buick Club is having a club race at Byron Dragway in Byron Illinois. The qualifying runs usually start around 930am. The track is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes from Itasca Illinois where the GN/T-Type is having their get together. The Chicagoland Buick Club has waived membership for those attending the GN/T-Type event who want to participate in our Drag Racing series Race #2.
The Chicagoland Buick Club race series is a bracket race in which you put a dial-in on your window and the computer will handicap the start of the race to make all cars even no matter what the difference is in horsepower.
We use a sportsman tree and everybody will have two qualifying rounds. You will then be placed on a ladder by your best reaction time in the qualifying rounds. From this point on all you have to do is put the pedal to the metal and have a good time.

For the Buick Club race there are two bonus payouts for "Best Reaction Time" and "Running on your Dial-in" during eliminations. The club pays $35 dollars for each category. You are eligible to win both Best Reaction Time and Run On Your Dial-in.
It's $15 to enter and the payouts come from the racers buy-in money. We payout to the first and second place winners. Example; 30 cars racing will have $300 in payout money, Plus $70 in bonus payouts. You must be at the track and ready to go by 9:30 AM.

The second Option for those non-competitors who prefer to just see what their Turbo cars will do at the drag strip, we will also have a Test & Tune option for anybody interested in taking a run down the quarter mile. This will be for time runs only. However, If you want to line up next to a friend and settle once and for all who's turbo car is faster, we can arrange for this also. Grudge racing can take bench racing to that final level and allow bragging rights until next year.

Test & Tune will be available all day. You can come to the track in the morning or in the early afternoon. We will have a dedicated lane for Buicks throughout the day for test and tune. Wait time will be less in the afternoon for test and tune. However, I wouldn't get to the track later than 2:00 to make sure you have enough time to make several runs.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would let me know if you intend to go to the drag strip. It will help with scheduling with the track so they can plan for more cars. This is a semi-busy day at Byron as they are also running their bracket series also. I need to coordinate with them and let them know what to expect as soon as possible. The track owners are great people and run an excellent track. Their food is the best and not overpriced so you won't need to worry about food. My favorite is their double cheeseburger. So as a courtesy to Byron Dragway help me get a car count for the GN/T-Type get together at the track...

Questions? E-mail to JRG3517@comcast.net or call 630-915-5639
Joe G, Race Coordinator
74 Apollo GSX 455 (It's like a Nova)
87 Grand National - Living in North Carolina
70 GS 455 (First Car) black with a BBC in it...
90 Cougar XR7-Supercharged - given to charity
14 Dodge Ram 2500 "Turbo" Diesel
Turbo-Fun
Post Expert

Return to Social Corner