Loyd Bonecutter
1986 GN
1986 Limited turbo clone
1970 GS 455 Diplomat Blue with Black Vinyl Top

Turbo Loyd
Post Expert

Re: July 24, 2016 Dick Miller BOP at Norwalk

Postby Turbo-Fun » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:36 am

I don't think this has been sanctioned by the BOP. This was a nice offer from Dick Miller to have the Buicks join in with the Oldsmobiles to help keep both brands alive and racing in a National event. However, Dick Miller was beat up on the BOP web site for making this offer and some acted like they were offended that Dick Miller was offering to let Buicks join the Olds event. There were may BOP people that were very ignorant to Mr. Miller.

In any event, this is only a one day event but it seems VERY organized with great payouts and a nice selection of classes. The fact that it is a one day event does not make it worth going for some, especially depending how far they would have to travel. If they could make it a two day event I think it would attract more people.

This years 2016 event is the same week as NMCA at Route 66. I will he at the NMCA event. A great three day event in our own back yard. The Dick Miller Olds event could be a nice alternative to the BOP event if they discontinue their race. Norwalk has told BPG they are not interested in hosting a Buick event. I'm sure it has to do with car count which is why Dick Miller is interested in combining with Buicks.
Joe G, Race Coordinator
74 Apollo GSX 455 (It's like a Nova)
87 Grand National - Living in North Carolina
70 GS 455 (First Car) black with a BBC in it...
90 Cougar XR7-Supercharged - given to charity
14 Dodge Ram 2500 "Turbo" Diesel
Turbo-Fun
Post Expert

Return to Local - Regional - National Things To Do